中文简体 | 中文繁体 | Партнеры | 日本語 | 한글
your position :English > News > Others  content
FIFA uphold Suarez's ban
  • China, Russia ink gas deal
  • China's housing market not to crash: history revisited
  • China yuan weakens to 6.1645 against USD
  • Funny video: taste of Britain
  • http://english.dbw.cn   2014-07-11 08:53:39
     

    World football governing body FIFA has upheld a four-month ban issued to Luis Suarez for biting Italy's Giorgio Chiellini.

    Suarez and the Uruguayan Football Federation had appealed the decision by FIFA's disciplinary committee after the Liverpool striker was found guilty of biting Chiellini during Uruguay's 1-0 defeat of Italy on June 24.

    It was the third time Suarez had been found guilty of the offence.

    The penalty rules Suarez out of all football-related activity until late October, including a nine-match international ban and a fine of 100,000 Swiss Francs.

    "The FIFA appeal committee has decided to reject the appeals lodged by both the Uruguayan player Luis Suarez and the Uruguayan FA, and to confirm the decision rendered by the FIFA disciplinary committee on 25 June 2014 in its entirety," FIFA's media chief Delia Fischer told a press conference in Rio de Janeiro.

    Fischer added that a further appeal could be made to the court of arbitration for sport.

    Despite initially showing no remorse for the incident, Suarez later issued an apology on Twitter and pledged to never bite again.

    The 27-year-old Liverpool striker is reportedly close to signing a deal with Spanish giants Barcelona. FIFA earlier this month said that Suarez's ban would not impede the player's transfer.

    Author:    Source: xinhua     Editor: Yang Fan

    share:
    Copyright © 2001-2011 DBW.CN All Rights Reserved.